Welcome to GeoClothes.com.
Your source for latest news, events and information in Clothing and Fashion.
What are Clothes?
Clothes refers to any material that is used to cover the human body. Since the advent of civilization, humans have used clothes to cover their body to protect their body from weather conditions. They also enhance the safety during hazardous activities like hunting, hiking, cooking etc. The clothes also serve as protection to the body keeping away toxins and transmission of germs. The amount of clothing worn depends on functional and social considerations.
There are several things worn by humans. The following are the different types:
- Articles carried rather than work - Purses
- Worn on a single part of the body and can be easily removed - Scarves, Gloves
- Worn purely for adornment - Jewelry
- Worn to serve a function rather than protection - Eyeglasses
- Accessories - Footwear and Hats
- January 20, 2014: Textiles Minister Inaugurates Tex Trends India 2014
- August 26, 2013: Indian Institute of Handloom
- August 26, 2013: Loan to Handlooms
- August 26, 2013: Assistance to Weavers
- August 26, 2013: Textile Design Exhibitions
- August 26, 2013: Training to Women
- August 26, 2013: Use of Jute in packaging of certain commodities
- July 24, 2013: Textiles Minister Assures Exporters to take up Issues with the Finance Minister
- July 12, 2013: Textiles Minister Inaugurates Indian Fashion Jewellery and Accessories Show 2013
- June 4, 2013: CCIC to organise Woven Wonders
- April 29, 2013: Demand of Cotton
- April 29, 2013: MoU with Mauritius to Strengthen Textiles Sector
- March 20, 2013: Proposal from Odisha Government for Textile Parks and Apparel Parks
- March 20, 2013: Training to Indian Women SHGs under various Government schemes
- Clothing in China - Chinese have a varied clothing styles, both ancient and modern
- Clothing in India - the Sari makes a comeback
- Clothing in Russia - more than bling and fur
- Clothing in United States of America
- Clothing in Pakistan - Designer lawn, the choice for the 2012 Summer!
- Bangalore Fashion Week - January 26-29, 2012
- ARISE Magazine Fashion Week Lagos 2012 at Federal Palace Hotel from March 6 - 11, 2012
- Perth Fashion Week 2012 - April 2012
- Nida Mahmood
- Satya Paul, Indian fashion designer
- Raghavendra Rathore
- Christopher Raeburn
- Anthony Vaccarello, popular for sharp cut, super cling designs
- Britney Spears, singer
- Lisa Rinna, television actress, host and model
- Hillary Rodham Clinton
- Salma Hayek, Hollywood actress
- Kate Winslet, the Titanic actress
- White: A symbol of purity but the color of mourning in China.
- Black: Color for western funerals and the Dracula!
- Purple: Color of royalty
- Orange: The attention-getting color
- Blue: Calming color
- Pink: The gentle color
- Red: The 'Bold' color
- Yellow: Color to get noticed
- Green: The easy color